Friday, February 6, 2009

Having a Good Time!

I am happy to report that...I have nothing to report!


We are just cruising along, enjoying each day, enjoying the fun ages the kids are at now, and enjoying the time we have together. We have been working on a few little projects around the house (remember the pink fairy bedroom? Not pink any more! No more purple trim! No more fairies! YAY!), and I have been trying to keep up with the everyday things (I think it may be a lost cause, but I'll be darned if dirty dishes and piles of laundry get the better of me!). Lee is sweet and funny, Wyatt is busy and funny, Jana is sweet and over her flu, and Skeeter is furry and funny. And sweet.


We have a coven (?) of squirrels around here, so Skeeter spends a lot of his outside time barking. You can hear said barking in the house, and every so often Lee will translate the barks. Yesterday I was sitting in the front room feeding Jana, and I heard Lee let Skeeter out. As he walked back into the kitchen he started muttering the translation. I don't know if he knew I could hear him, which made the following little dialogue all the more funny.


Skeeter: Bark! Bark!
Lee, under his breath: My yard! Mine!
Skeeter: Bark bark bark!
Lee, quietly: Who are these strange creatures?
Skeeter: Bark! Bark bark bark!
Lee: I am master of this domain!
Skeeter: Bark bark bark bark!
Lee, softly: Get away from my yard! It's mine! I'll eat you!


I am so lucky to have found Lee, not only because he is wonderful and handsome and kind and hard-working, but also because he has my most favorite sense of humor, and I can't stay in a bad mood when I'm around him!


Now pictures.


I brought a balloon home the other day for Wyatt to play with, but it turned out Jana really liked it too! I love the look of total awe on her face.



She laughed and kicked and wiggled like crazy while she played with it.



The first time I heard Jana do a real belly laugh was while Wyatt was smacking the balloon she was holding. I'd heard it said, but now know how true it is that the sound of your children laughing together is pretty much the best sound in the world.


Finally, a solution to how to dress a tall boy with no hips or waist to speak of!



Man, he couldn't pry that thing open fast enough!

I walked in the front room and found Jana buried.

The cute little culprit wasn't far off. "Wyatt, we don't bury sis, ok?" "Ok!"


Wyatt really loves Mickey, and tends to his needs. When Wyatt is busy playing with something else, he puts Mickey in the swing and turns it on for him.



A handy Mickey-carrying case.


Skeeter loves the day the dog food bin gets refilled!


Wyatt has always been very interested in the camera, and lately he's decided that pictures must be better if you get as close to the lens as possible.





The sun was out and it was a little warmer yesterday (*snort*), so we all went for a walk.


Bundled up and ready to go!


If you say "walk" or anything that rhymes with it, you'd better be willing to follow through. He takes walks very seriously!


It's kind of sad how excited I was that it was warm enough to get the kids out. A whopping 28 degrees, and yet much warmer than it has been...


Man, that's a lot of snow!


So it's not swaying palm trees, but the cold does provide it's own kind of beauty.

Before you call me nuts, I feel compelled to explain why I feel winter walks are worth all the hassle of gathering blankets, hats, coats, gloves, a collar and a leash- these were taken 12 minutes after we got home (seriously, I watched the clock).


Walks totally rock.



I can't explain it, but it makes me laugh.
Hope you are all well and happy and avoiding the flu! Lots of love and delicious phat cow fudge!

8 comments:

Eric and Angela said...

Your not crazy for taking a walk this week. I did it twice this week because I love to get out and get some exercise. Not to mention Aaron loves to go outside. I hope we have more days like that or better.

Marianne said...

Mel, your news fixes LIFT me!! I just have a few things to say:
1. I LOVE LEE!!!!!
2. Jana is a DOLL! (Isaac loved a balloon at that age,too--try tying it to her foot...)
3. I do believe I recognize those suspenders...
4. Wyatt is freakin' HILARIOUS!! I'm SO glad you take all these pictures to document his extreme cuteness!

I love you and I miss you!!

Amber said...

Hey, have you tried the Wonder Kids pants at K-mart for Wyatt? They're pretty much the only ones I put Logan in anymore. They have elastic in the wasteband you can adjust with buttons, I love them!

Also, Logan was just looking at the pictures of Skeeter and started snorting like a pig. I go, "um buddy, that's a dog, not a pig." He seemed to believe me after I made the pictures bigger. Haha!

Melissa Durtschi said...

Well after you hit -20, 28 degrees is quite balmy.

Any ideas on how to make Jana quit growing?

Steph said...

Ohh...your family is so cute!! Sounds like you are getting the hang of things!! Tell me, Does it get easier or do you just get used to the chaos?

Hilarie* said...

Your little girl is really cute! Then on top of that your little boy doesn't look so little anymore! He has gotten so big!!

Brigette said...

MELODY!!! I found you! This is your ol' college roommate, Brigette! Do you remember me? I'm so glad I found your blog, you have the cutest family--I loved looking at all the pics. check mine out, if you want, you're welcome to stop by at any time.
www.brigettesfamily.blogspot.com
cheers!

corinne and paul said...

Love your cute pics! I am usually not adventurous enough to go out for walks in the freezing cold! Maybe it'll help my little guy to to sleep in the afternoon...